Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mom's Apple Squares

I have been MIA for a long time here but wanted to stop by and leave a recipe for my mom's Apple Squares that I loved when I was a kid.  Still do.  Have to have them every fall.  I made them last night and realized that the paper recipe is getting old and ratty and might not survive too much longer, so I better get this down where it will be immortalized. 

Mom's Apple Squares
2 cups flour
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups sugar (I use 1 1/2 and it's plenty)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup Crisco (I use 1/2 and it's plenty)
3 eggs
4 cups diced apples (I usually bake with Granny Smiths, however since I grew up near orchards in NY, for this recipe I am a Macintosh loyalist.  I've never strayed here, but other varieties may be good also)
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts

Mix all ingredients.  Grease and flour a 9x13" pan.  Pour mixture in.  Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.  Voila!

1 comment:

  1. thanks a bunch for this recipe. I thought it was lost forever. can't believe I lost it.

    ReplyDelete