Thursday, October 13, 2011

Weekly Check In

How far along?  28 weeks 4 days

Weight Gain/Loss?  Let's say I started out at 126 which is where I was at my 9 week appointment.  Gain of 22 lbs.  Hopefully tapering off soon, but I'll likely gain another 11.  Oh my...  I'm getting uncomfortable.

Maternity Clothes?  Can I get a hell yes?

Sleep?  It's not the end of the world, but I toss and turn a lot and getting up every 3 hours to pee.  When it's bedtime I'm definately ready, but I'm rising a lot earlier than I'm used to, mostly because I'm hungry.

Best Moment of Week?  Maybe when I saw Brian set the Tivo to record a season pass of Baby Story and another baby show.  Cute!  or when he carried my purse for me through our hospital tour because my arm was sore and I felt crappy from my flu shot.  Or when he started painting the nursery last night after working a 12 hour day.  There are a lot of best moments right now, these are just a few that popped into my head immediately.

Movement?  Yes.  This baby is a crazy insane acrobat.  Although there were 2 different times when she stopped for a few hours and I go into full on panic mode, but everyone needs to sleep I guess.  It's just that when she does, I'm up worrying about why I'm not feeling her. 

What I Miss?  Movement and flexibility.  Exercise endorphins.  Life without heartburn. 

Looking forward to...  Getting the nursery done.  Started the painting last night.  Then the floors and floorboards.  Then I will feel like we are getting somewhere. 

Milestones. 
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Labor Signs..  Had my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday.  I didn't expect the belly to grow as much as it did during it, but it did go back to "normal" within an hour.  Slightly painful, mostly uncomfortable.  Deep breaths. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment