Thursday, March 8, 2012

Transition

I am about to transition back into a working mommy in T minus 2 days.  Saturday at 5 I step back into the real world.  We are sure to be very busy and I am sure I will be very rusty, so hopefully I won't have too much time to dwell on how much I miss my peanut.  I'm doing a short night and will be home by 10:30 so hopefully my boobs don't explode during that time.  I've gone for longer periods before but always while sleeping.  I have a feeling that running around at work the entire time is going to feel a little different that laying in bed exhausted and comatose.  I went and got measured for comfy nursing bras (you don't want to know what size they put me in, which turns out is one size too small after a few hours with a sleeping baby) so that should help out. 

Grandma will be driving from Orlando every Saturday to stay with my angel, which is quite the hike for her, but I think she is so excited to spend time with her first granddaughter that she would drive to California and back to do it.  And words can't express how thankful I am to have someone Amelia and I both love and trust to take care of her!  THANK YOU GRANDMA! 

While I transition back to work my girl has a transition of her own to make.  Up until this week she has been sleeping in her bouncer seat every night.  I've tried to put her in her crib or bassinet but she will only tolerate them for short naps during the day.  At night she is not a fan of laying flat on her back.  And she rejects the swaddle like I reject poached eggs so that's no help.  But a few days ago I woke up to this.

I don't know how to post the video without making it a link.

So it is time for my big girl to learn how to sleep on her back.   A couple of baby steps later and I am ecstatic to announce that I have a back napper!!!


Now I need to transition to becoming a better picture adder because there is too much cuteness to fit into such a small picture but I can't figure out how to make the iphone pic bigger on here. 

1 comment:

  1. click on the picture and it should give you an option on size.

    ReplyDelete