Friday, March 9, 2012

Crockpot Curry

Well my first attempt at crockpot curry didn't turn out half bad.  I just winged it and it was so good that I want to get the recipe written down now so I have it for later.  Eventually I want to get away from canned soups, but I'm new to the crockpot and like the convenience.  Maybe I can substitute heavy cream instead one time to experiment, but in the meantime, I'm too hungry to risk not having anything edible after 6 hours of waiting.  (By the way, the house smelled so good while this curry was cooking that I filled up on snacks while waiting for it, and it was still delicious when I was full)

1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast, frozen
1 can coconut milk
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 heaping tsp Thai spice from my favorite Thai restaurant Sukhothai (I like it hot!)
1/2 pkg chicken bouillon
lots of cracked pepper
1 chopped white onion
5 stalks chopped celery
1 10oz pkg frozen spinach
5 small red potatos peeled and chopped into 1/2" pieces
Combine and cook on high 6 hours, then shred the chicken and serve over brown rice. 

Next time I may substitute chick peas for the potatos for more protein and less starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment