Monday, December 26, 2011

Baby Shower Surprise

The best times you have are usually the times you are having too much fun to take pictures.  This was the case with our baby shower.  So I borrowed the pics from others, and if anyone else has any, we would love love love them!  I don't ever want to forget a single detail from this very special day!

It was December 3rd, 2011, and Brian and I spent the Saturday afternoon together.  I was 36 weeks pregnant with our first baby.  Around 3 or 3:30 we drove the Xterra to Lisa's house in Brandon that I haven't seen yet and when we got there we saw lots of cars besides Lisas that I have seen many times before.  The Reids van, Paxtons Bronco, Aly's Philliphied Honda, and lots more.  We were so excited we left the camera in the truck and started up her walkway to the entrance of her home.  There were squares of different colored glittery steps lining the walkway, and candy canes on either side.  Brian asked me "do you know what it is?" and I immediately said "Candy Land!!!!".  Then I looked up and saw my niece Molly and remembered the million games of Candy Land her and I played when she was a lot smaller.  Entering Lisa's home we were greeted by many friends, balloons, and a large display of candy of all shapes sizes and colors, and cupcakes!!!  The theme was very clear then.  "Sara Land". 
It took us a little while to get all the way through the house because we were so surprised to see our friends and family all standing around and snacking, drinking Sangria and beer, and waiting patiently to greet us!  Lisa and her husband Carl welcomed us all to their home and showed us where to help ourselves to food.  Besides the several veggie trays and cheese platters, Lisa made huge platters of chicken marsala, a vegetarian pasta, a gigantic Caesar salad, and bread.  I feasted on pasta, then moved on to cupcakes and Lemonheads, and after everyone left I definitely pigged out on lots of chicken marsala, YUM! 

There was a beautiful diaper cake from Grandma, at the shower it was wrapped up with a Gund teddy bear hugging it.  As soon as I got it home I unwrapped the tulle off it and took off the teddy bear so I could use it to practice with my Moby Wrap from Carolyn.  I left the diapers and goodies attached because it was too sweet to take apart, but last night I finally went for it and stocked up her diaper drawer with well over 100 diapers from the cake!
At the shower wrapped...
At home, minus the bear...

And it's so sad, but here is the after effect of my nesting episode from last night...

Lisa and my cousin Molly ran the games, and my cousin Wyatt was in charge of the timer.  We played the most difficult game ever where you find safety pins in a bowl of rice.  We played the "dirty" diaper game with different melted candy bars in diapers.  I think I guessed one correctly.  Brian did well.

By the looks of us in this picture you would think I would be the one who is good at distinguishing different candy bars :)
We played the spoon the cotton balls from a bowl to a plate and Brian was amazing at that one (not really...haha!!)

Then we moved on to gifts.  We are blessed (and spoiled)



The Aftermath...
We received many thoughtful, practical, extravagant, and generous gifts.  In fact we are still receiving gifts in the mail every day.  We officially have everything we need for this little girls arrival to the world, as well as all the cherished memories of the friends and loved ones who shared the celebration with us! 

As we left Lisa gave us the last of our souveneirs which was one of my most favorites, Amelia'a first Candy Land game!  We are going to have so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment