Sunday, August 21, 2011

We're having a GIRL!!!

I absolutely hate waiting so long between appointments.  I wasn't feeling much movement even up to 20 weeks so I was freaking out a little bit, worried I wasn't pregnant anymore.  But then there is the appetite and the growing belly and I know I'm just out of my mind, but it is still peace of mind to hear that heart beat and hear the Dr say "sounds perfect".  So on Thursday I called my Dr office and asked if I could come in a day early and they said yes!!  We did the full sonogram where the tech (who I think is GREAT) measured all the major bones, the 4 chambers of the heart, the brain and all major organs, and the anatomy.  It is for sure a baby girl, so her 12 week prediction was correct!  Brian and I are very excited!  I wasn't crying but I strangely had tears coming from my eyes.  Maybe it was the angle I had to look up to see the screen, maybe it was just excitement?  Either way, it was just so heartwarming to see the little girl moving around and know she is growing just fine.  She had hiccups for a few minutes.  Then she had a big yawn.  She was also sucking her thumb (hopefully not biting her nails like her mom!)  She weighs 14 ounces which I was a little surprised by, because everything I read puts her at 10 ounces this week.  I asked the Dr if that is too much and he laughed and said "maybe you will be having a big baby".  I was worried about gestational diabetes because I know babies grow too fast with this.  But the Dr said my weight gain is right on track and everything looks great.  So my mind is at ease.  I think I will lay off the peanut M&M's and other various cookie and candy delights just in case.

Now we can start painting!!!  I have some fun ideas for the nursery and I can't wait!  Today I'm going to put up paint sample #1, which I think might be a touch too bright.  We will see.  The rest of the house is a dark earthy green and what I'm imagining for the nursery is not going to flow at all, but it will be her own little space and even though I'd rather it flow with the house, I will ideally change the color of the rest of the house in the next year or 2 to something much lighter and kinder, so it's OK right now.   I'm going to order her quilt and bumper today from Land of Nod.  I ordered a free swatch recently so they sent me an email saying I have 30 days free shipping.  I'm going to take advantage!  Yay :)  We also started our registry at Buybuy Baby.  Before publishing we will also do one at Babies R Us and Target.  I'm really excited about some of the things we registered for.  The bassinet is beautiful!  Craig in the stroller section was a huge help and gave us a lot of information.  Armed with the knowledge he gave us we went home with all our books and the computer and searched YouTube reviews for all.  We decided on the City Elite.  It's not cheap but it's awesome!!  Can't wait to take baby girl for lots of adventures in it!  I'm a little overwhelmed about the bottles so I just picked a few Dr Browns in case she doesn't love them.  If they don't work, I will try another brand.  I'm also excited about little food making kits, and little tubbys and tubby toys :)  Will be checking out breast pumps on line this week, as well as signing up for a class at the hospital.  That is definitely the scariest part to me.  But I know how good it is for the baby so I'm really determined. 

Well I'd better get going, I want to see my beautiful niece play some softball today and catch  up the the sister and family!  yay for Sundays off!!!

1 comment: