Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Supper

It is looking like Tampa might host a tropical storm this coming weekend, and though we will be in Cleveland Fri - Sun for a wedding, I thought it would be a good idea to stock up with some food just in case we get stuck here.  We don't really need all canned stuff because we are lucky enough to have a generator in case we lose power.  But I still want to have a lot of protein around the house, being pregnant and all.  We have a few 5 gallon jugs of water on hand at all times so we're all good there.  Lots of cans of beans and beef jerky.  Nuts, dried fruit, and "healthier" chips and snacky things.  Of course protein bars which are a staple in my diet.  I love the Atkins ones, the Zone bars, and I'm currently eating my way through some Snackwells and some crunchy Cliff bars that were on sale and they're pretty good. 
I also decided to be a good wife and make dinner instead of the Publix sub that I am really craving.  I got my new Cooking Light magazine in the mail yesterday.  After I browsed the first few pages and everything looked good, I decided to open to a random page and cook the closest recipe.  Ended up making
 Baja Pork Stir Fry
It was quite delicious!  Unfortunately I somehow forgot a red onion at the store, which is odd because I lovelovelove onions.  But I added a whole jalapeno instead of half, and about a cup of extra green red and yellow peppers to sub the onion.  Besides that I followed it to a tee. 
poor cell phone shot


My plate!  Yum yum.
I'll make some brown rice for the husband to have with it, or I'll just have him bring a serving home with him from work tonight if he calls before he leaves. 

2 comments:

  1. It stinks we can't meet up while you are in Ohio. Have fun though! I love Cleveland.... and that stir fry looks soooo good. YUM! I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stir fry looks great! How was Cleveland? We were just there a few weeks ago for a wedding too! ~Brittany @ZonePerfect

    ReplyDelete