Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 4th Eats

I know July 4th was 3 weeks ago, but technically it's still July so I can still blog about it. 

This is just a quick review post to catch up on some pics I have been trying to post lately but haven't had the patience for downloading.  (or is it uploading?)  I always get a little confused about that.  Like air conditioning.  If you want the room to get colder do you turn it up or down?  I'm a North Country girl at heart so I'm more used to heating a home rather than cooling one.  So in the north when it's cold and I want the heat to work harder, I "turn it up", but FL is opposite land and if I want the AC to work harder I "turn it down".  Am I the only one who has to think about this every time?    It's a weird block in my brain, especially since I've lived in Tampa for 10 years and have only used the heat about 10 times.  OK now that I type this out I realize it makes me sound a little nutso.  Whoops.

Well speaking of heat and cooling off in FL (at least for transitional purposes here) July 4th has come and gone yet again.  My first July 4th as a pregnant girl, and my last without a human that I created actually breathing in the world.  I am still caring for the said creation now, in the form of a fetus (I believe it became official this first week of July, from embryo to fetus!) and what I'm calling this little miracle is "baby" because I'm not sure of the sex yet and I don't care for "it", "him or her" just sounds too long winded and politically correct, and "fetus"  sounds too medical.  So this July 4th "baby" had a burger.  With onion, tomato and spinach.  With tater tots (those were the husbands request but turns out baby loved them and wanted seconds).  Also this year, like every other, I also served my favorite summertime treat ever since I was a baby growing up in the North Country.  Garden fresh zucchini sauteed with garlic, olive oil, oregano, red onion and tomato.   Summertime heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment