Monday, July 11, 2011

I am a terrible blogger.  I even have my adorable pink plaid mini netbook so I can blog more, and do I?  Noooo.  Maybe someday I will be better at this stuff. 

What's been going on in the homestead.  For starters we took our Babymoon last week.  We headed down to Marco Island for a Monday through Friday getaway.  We stayed at the Hilton and even though it rained every.single.day and the mosquitoes were taking over the island, we still had a fabulous time.  We ate like a kings and queens, and caught up on our sleep.  We shopped during a few of the storms, and had ice cream at Coldstone every single night while looking at the million dollar yachts wondering what in the world the people who own them DO for a living. 

When we got home the weather cleared up and we had a beautiful weekend which we spent at the beach without having to pay for a hotel room (although there is something to be said for having your bed made for you everyday).  Pass-a-Grill is our beach of choice this summer and we've been there a bunch of times since we got back.  But alas, vacation is over and on July 5 we were awakened by the sound of a dozen hardworking Mexican roofers walking and hammering over our bedroom.  The re roof only took 12  hours and they did a fabulous job.  I love the shingles we picked out, our ugly soffit is fixed and painted, and our new efficient skylights in both bathrooms are awesome.  We are still waiting for the inspector, and we don't have to pay the roofers a penny until it passes, which I loved about them.   If you ever need a new roof, please call Shingle Masters. They are the best. 

We started the baby's room by ripping out the old ugly laminate.  We also moved the cable outlet and the modem into the next room.  There were 2 different cable outlets because the previous owners had satellite and then we had Brighthouse install cable and they put a new outlet next to the old one.  So there were lots of unnecessary outlets in the room that we patched up with new drywall.  We also fixed the drywall holes that were leftover from the plumbing repairs we had done a few months ago.   I say "we", I should have said "he".  I was on the couch.  I'm pregnant.  And lazy.  Although I am making meatloaf tonight, with mashed potatoes and brownies for desert.  That is not something a lazy bum would do, right?  :)   I couldn't really eat yesterday so I need to catch up today. 

Ooooh no.  I just took the meatloaf out of the oven and I noticed it didn't have any liquid in the bottom of the pan like it usually does.  Then I realized I forgot the water.  It was supposed to be 3/4 cup.  Is the meatloaf going to be rock-like?  Is that pregnancy brain thing I've heard about kicking in already at 15 weeks 2 days?  I'm definitely wearing maternity pants right now.  And they are comfy.  Plenty of room for dry meatloaf in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment