Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Day in the Life of a New Mom

This might be fun to look back at in a few months to see how life changes. 

At 7 am I hear sweet little noises coming from the nursery so I crawl out of bed and sneak in.  I pick her up out of her bouncer and nurse her for about 15 minutes, burp her, and tuck her back in.  I head out to the living room, have a glass of water and hop on the computer and chat with my brother in NY about how I managed to get her to sleep last night by driving her all over town in the truck.   Then I decide to go lay back down in bed but I hear more sweet noises so I go get her and bring her to bed with me and we snuggle and she nurses again for about 10 minutes and we both doze off until hubbys alarm goes off at 10.  He's got to go to work because it's Valentines Day and it's the most important day of the year at the Cheesecake Factory!  So we go into her room and I pump 5 ounces while holding the sleeping baby and playing Scramble With Friends on my iPhone.  Hubby comes in and kisses us goodbye (what a sight he sees here).  Once done with the pumping I put her back in her bouncer to doze off and I go label and freeze the milk, wash the pump parts, and put dinner in the crock pot.  Slow Cooker Pepper Steak ,  (I'll let you know how it turns out).  Get the kitchen cleaned up and sanitized and go peek at the baby.  She's content.  OK good, I have time to go to the bathroom.  I pee, wipe the sink free of hubby's shaving remnants, straighten up the bed, pick up the clothes off the floor and bring them to the garage where our washer and dryer are.  Peek at the sleeping baby.  Then out to the living room to pick up our glasses and blankets and things from last night. Peek at the baby.  She's asleep.  It's noon.  I snap a picture.  I will blog for a few minutes, hop in the shower, throw clothes on and put hair in a ponytail and feed and change the starving baby.  We'll put on her Valentines Day outfit and hop over to CVS to print out dad a surprise Valentines Day card (shhh!  Don't tell!).  Then we'll come home, she'll have some milk, I'll have some pepper steak, and we will dance around the living room and play and wait for dad to come home and hang out with us.  Bedtime is unpredictable still so I will leave that part blank.  Right now I'm at the part where I hop in the shower.  Happy Valentines Day from me and my beautiful sleepy baby girl :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea for a post! I wish I had done this about once a month as things change so quickly! Plus, I was in that sleepless haze so I really don't remember what we did!

    ReplyDelete