Friday, March 4, 2011

Mashed Cauliflower = Fail

Well my first attempt didn't turn out all that well.  I boiled a head of cauliflower florets in broth with a clove of garlic until tender.  Then I drained it and added salt and pepper, fresh minced garlic, about 1/4 c fat free plain Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and chopped green onions, and mixed with a hand mixer.  I didn't like it at all.  Brian ate it all and his only complaint is "too much garlic" which was absolutely true.  I would have added as much garlic if not more if it were real potatoes, but the taste stands up strong to cauliflower.  I will leave it out completely next time.  The brussel sprouts were fantastic as usual.  The chicken on the grill, fantastic!  Good protein and carb combo for dinner tonight!  Good circuit training class at the gym tonight, and settling in to watch this weeks episode of V before bed.  Friday night off from work and relaxing at the house = Win.
2011-03-04 21.34.50.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love mashed cauliflower, I am off to look for new recipes now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! And the rest of your dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm. I am a garlic fiend so I bet I would have loved it, haha.

    ReplyDelete