Saturday, March 19, 2011

Goal Weight hit this week!

It's been since last Saturday and now I have a full week to catch up on.  Since my last post was about how anxious I was about the brunch buffet I will start there.  It was deeeeelicious!  There were so many healthy choices there that I never felt tempted to really cheat or go off the diet at all.  Even when Brian and Paxton were saying how the waffles were the best they've ever had, I was just perfect with my jumbo shrimp cocktail, sea scallop ceviche, tuna tataki, and various salads and cheeses and nuts pairings.  I had 2 turns at the buffet but I didn't do any bread or anything too oily.  I even managed to have desert because they had these adorable teaspoon sized deserts to satisfy a sweet tooth without cheating too badly.   Our server was awesome!  If you go to brunch at Oystercatchers ask for Don, I know I will when I go back.  He even took our picture and emailed it to us.   We were hoping you'd be able to see the water and beautiful blue sky out the window, but it was too bright.  That's OK, at least we look good :)
 
That is Brian's best friend Paxton in the pic with us.  He is a dear friend to us both, and if there are any single ladies out there who would like to meet him and join us for the next affair, message me and I will play matchmaker (even though I swore to God on earth I would never do matchmaker crap ever again).  OK, anyway... We went home and napped off the champagne (also since we worked the night before we were only running on 4 hours of sleep).  Then we got up and showered and went to have Brian's birthday dinner at Capitol Grill.  Splurge day for us!  We each had a salad, and we shared a 10 ounce fillet.  It was like 7 ounces Brian, 3 ounces Sara.  It was perfect.  Then we went to the late movie and saw The Adjustment Bureau.  It was excellent. 

Wednesday was my check in day at Garcia Weight Loss.  Somehow this week, with all my not exercising as much as I planned, and all my restaurant splurging, I managed to lose 3 pounds to get to my goal weight, 125!!!  All I hoped for was to not gain, so needless to say I am overjoyed!  I've not talked much about the program here or how I lost my 17 pounds, because this is the new me and I'm focusing now on how to stay here, not how I got here, but if anyone has any questions at all I would be happy to answer.

Wed night I was back in the gym.  My friend Tanya was subbing the 5:30 class and I didn't know.  It was a nice surprise.  She has a great kickboxing class that I enjoy.  I used to love to do Tae Bo videos so this is like taking it old school.  No weights or resistance other than your own body.  As long as you've got good music you can still work hard and feel nice and sore the next day.  I was  hoping to get up and do her class today at 9:30am, and I did wake up at 9, but since I had gone to bed at 3:30 I was just a little too sore and too sleepy to make it.  Darn working late nights on the weekends.  I wish I didn't love the money so much.  There is just so much I want to buy, I need to work to earn it.  And this is pretty decent money.  I'm not looking forward to tonight at work at.all. because it's not my usual team who can "bang it out" while looking forward and not complaining.  But Sunday night it's back to Easy Street and then I'm off Monday!  I am going to go to my 5:30 class at the gym, but not before going to Goodwill to find some black pants for work that fit me!! 

2 comments: