Monday, February 28, 2011

Biker Chicks (and Today) Rules/ed!

I'm pretty sleepy right now, but I had such a great day with the husband today, I want to get it down before I hit the sack.  Started out the morning catching up with one of Brian's best friends Darin since he stayed over last night while he was in town for a wedding the night before.   Another old good friend Steve was also in town for said wedding (Brian's ex girlfriend, I wasn't invited...sad face...)  so before the 2 had to check in at the airport we all met up and had  a nice lunch at J Alexanders.  I had a grilled boneless chicken breast and broccoli.  I forgot to order it without butter but when it came out I decided to go with it and just eat it anyway, after all - I've been doing very good on the diet and I am going to work it off today for sure.  It was SCRUMPTIOUS!  The full bright spears of broccoli were also really beautiful but since I was with the hubs and 3 of his guy friends I didn't want to embarrass him by being the crazy wife taking pictures of her broccoli at lunch :) 
The pastor who married Brian and I, Pastor Jon, also moonlights as a bartender at J's (for the past 11 years) so it was so great to see him again also!  When he asked how married life is for Brian and I we could honestly say we are happier now in our second year than we were the first year, it just keeps getting better! 
After lunch we said goodbye to Darin and Steve as they both had separate flights to catch and we headed home to load up the bikes. 
Here is a map of the trails, then I will talk about our awesome ride.

The first few times we went there prior to today we started off at marker 4 of the main trail.  We'd then go to 20 and then explore different trails on our way back.  Today we started at 44.  I wanted to take the main trail for an hour, then turn around and do an hour back.  So we worked our way backwards to 28, then turned around and went back to our car at 44.  An hour there, 40 minutes back.  I'm faster once I'm backtracking and know kind of what's ahead.  Then we did a cool down through the nature trail to get the odometer to an even 15 miles.  It was such an awesome day!  It was so fun to spend some time with Brian not talking about work.  Like, awesome!  Next trip we are going to do the entire main trail!  I imagine we will probably take from 3-5 hours doing it, so we will pack snacks.  Our camelback mule things for water will be here on Wednesday, yay!!  We have been trying to support our local bike shops by getting all our needs locally, but he found such a great deal on the camelbacks that we couldn't help it.  Since we over spent so much by buying the helmets locally, I felt much less guilty doing the online thing in this case.
One of my most excited moments was when we pedaled through a wild orange grove at mile 6 on our way out, so after we turned around I had to stop for a pic on the way back!  Here you go, FYE :)

On the drive home we stopped at the bike store on Fletcher (I can't remember what it is called?) so Brian could get some gloves, and I picked up the most delicious Cliff bar ever for some post workout protein.  And I took a picture of it!!
Since you can't see the small print below the name "Peanut Toffee Buzz", it says "contains green tea, a natural source of caffeine.  Score!!!  I also picked up a different flavor, "Maple Nut" for another day.  It will remind me of home because I hail from the maple syrup capitol of the world, yes that's right, the world. 
One more picture!!  On the way there we stopped at CVS because I needed some girl stuff, and I found a deal on this new zero calorie Powerade.  It was 4 for 5, with $1 off with purchase of 3, so they were $1 ea.  They are delish!  All the electrolytes with no sugar.  I usually have no problem loving  my water, but this sure was a nice treat ;)
SO when I got home I finally switched the night stands in my bedroom to make more function.  Hopefully now putting away folded clothes will possibly happen more.  I am so accomplished now!  I would probably have taken a pic of them but Brian snuck in and fell asleep in the bed so I'm letting him sleep, he got up much earlier than I did today and he let me sleep in. :)  but now I must join him!  Thanks for reading!! 

1 comment:

  1. I want to go there and eat a wild orange.

    ReplyDelete